اهلا بك زائرنا الكريم
يسعدنا تسيجلك ومشاركتك
فى منتديات سرور سات
منتديات سرور سات
اهلا بك زائرنا الكريم
يسعدنا تسيجلك ومشاركتك
فى منتديات سرور سات
منتديات سرور سات
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

منتديات سرور سات

منتديات سرور سات

الرئيسيةالرئيسية  أحدث الصورأحدث الصور  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول    

Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~

اذهب الى الأسفل 
2 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
????
زائر

Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~  Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~    Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~  Emptyالأحد أغسطس 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Idioms
Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~  Rolleyes

An idiom is defined as a group of words whose meaning must be known as a whole because it cannot be learned from the meaning of the same words used separately.

Obviously, there is a problem when you cannot look up individual words in a dictionary and find the meaning, the usual strategy to employ when we come across a word or words that are unfamiliar. With idioms, however, we must learn the group of words. It is particularly important to recognize idioms when you hear them or read them; when you are able to use them comfortably in your own speech and writing, then you have achieved a higher level of mastery and fluency in the language.

In everyday English, idioms are in common use. In fact, idioms are so common that most native speakers do not even realize that they are using idioms. If you use too many idioms, or use them incorrectly, then you create the wrong impression, so be careful.
Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~  Smilie3

so here I'll try to bring as many english Idioms as I can ,,,, it's very helpful to learn to common english lines and phrases,,,

hope you wil like and find it hulpful
A bad apple
Meaning
A (morally) bad person who makes a whole group bad.

A bad apple is someone who has a bad effect on a whole group or system.

People also say, "One bad/rotten apple spoils the (whole) barrel."
Example
The corruption in the government started with a bad apple, a high official two years ago. Now the whole system is corrupt.
Be a piece of cake
Meaning
To be very easy
If something is a piece of cake, it is very easy to do.

Example
A: How was the driving test yesterday? Did you pass?
B: Of course! It was a piece of cake.
Be all ears
Meaning
Be very intersted in what someone is about to say.
---------
If you are all ears
meaning
you are eager and ready to listen to what someone is going to say.

Example
Now tell us all about your adventures in Africa last summer. I'm all ears.
When the president started his speech, he found everyone listening, all ears

Be the apple of someone's eye

Meaning
Be loved very much by someone.

If someone is the apple of your eye, you think he/she is very important to you, and you love him/her very much.
This idiom is used especially when someone is loved by an older member of his/her family.

Example
Erika is Mark's only granddaughter, and she's the apple of his eye.

Sarah's only son was the apple of her eye.
Be as American as apple pie
Meaning
Be typically American

If something or someone is as American as apple pie, it/he/she is typically or completely American.

Example
Jose and Maria came to the U.S. 10 years ago and still keep the traditions of their home country. However, their children are as American as apple pie.

An American couple opened a restaurant in Japan, and their food tastes as American as app

Be as blind as a bat
Meaning
Be unable to see well or unable to see at all.

If someone is as blind as a bat, he/she cannot see well or cannot see at all because of his/her very bad eyesight.
Example
(A)
Can you read the first paragraph on page 115 for me?
(B)
Sorry, I forgot to bring my glasses. I'm as blind as a bat without them

he is a pain in the neck

means something or someone is very difficult or painful

thank you the emerland for thr wonderful subject
Backfire
Meaning
to produce an unexpected / undesired / opposite result.
If your plan or action backfires, you get the opposite result to the one you wanted.
Example
The new stricter school policy may backfire and do more harm to the students than good.
Her plan to lose weight backfired. After losing 10 pounds, she started to eat a lot again and gained 20 pounds quickly.
loooool
Bark up the wrong tree

Meaning
To misunderstand a situation and complain to a wrong person or blame a wrong thing.

If someone is barking up the wrong tree, he/she has an incorrect idea about a situation, and his/her course of action is wrong.

Example
Don't blame me. I have nothing to do with it. You are barking up the wrong tree.
The committee spent more than 5 months to try to solve the problem. They were just barking up the wrong tree.
Beat around the bush

Meaning
Avoid or delay talking about something unpleasant or embarrassing

If you beat around the bush, you don't say something directly to someone because you are worried about his/her reaction and don't want to upset him/her.
Some people also say " beat about the bush. "
Example
Don't beat around the bush! Tell me what exactly you want.
Let's not beat around the bush anymore. You'd better do this project over. It's not acceptable to us.
Beat it

Meaning
Go away immediately.
If you say "Beat it" to someone, you tell him/her to leave quickly because he/she is annoying. This is an impolite command.
Example
I guess we should beat it before she comes back.
"This is not your place. Beat it!"

note
(This is not a polite way to ask someone to leave.)

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
مرسا
مشرفة قسم

مشرفة قسم

عدد المساهمات : 1302
تاريخ التسجيل : 07/08/2011

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~    Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~  Emptyالسبت أغسطس 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~  B332e97068
الاميرة فرح
عضو جديد

عضو جديد
الاميرة فرح

عدد المساهمات : 41
تاريخ التسجيل : 02/08/2011

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~    Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~  Emptyالسبت سبتمبر 10, 2011 7:28 am

جزاكى الله كل خير

Idioms العبارات الشائعة الإستخدام ~~~~
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» إلى رجــــــــــــل أهانني بكل العبارات
» حروف صنعت اجمل العبارات

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات سرور سات :: منتــــــــدى اللغات الأجنبية والتربية والتعليم :: قســــم اللغة الإنجليزية-
انتقل الى: